Saturday, November 26, 2011

Big, Huge, Crazy News!

Let me start this post by saying this was unexpected, even for us. But it just goes to show that when you or your spouse is in the military you adjust your life to suit them. NOT the other way around.

Jacob and I fully expected to moving the heck out of this place in the summer of 2013. A mere year and a half from now.

Then we had "the talk" about our future.

I'll save you the frustration, tears (from me), and disbelief this conversation entailed and skip right to the good stuff.

Essentially, if Jacob is going to stay in the Navy (which he is) then he needs to be able to move up the ranks as quickly as possible. The work he needs to complete for these promotions is here. In Virginia. For the next 6ish years.

We've been living here for almost a year and a half now. And I will be the first to admit that I spent the majority of that time complaining.

I hated being so far away from family, and quite frankly, I just didn't like this place. It is crowded, the drivers are terrible, and it just isn't "home".

But, with this new information, it was time to put on my big girl panties, stop complaining, and grow up and support my husband.

And that is exactly what I intend to do.

So this is the official news bulletin. We are staying in Virginia. For quite a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment