Saturday, May 14, 2011

Green Thumb

When we first moved in, Mallory and I planted a little garden. I will be the first to admit that I had my doubts about what would actually grow. The problem with Virginia Beach is that all of the dirt is made of clay making it really hard for plants to get the right nutrients, etc. We had to use all kinds of special soils and stuff. Okay, enough dirt talk.

Despite my doubts, things were growing! We planted Watermelon, Onion, Zucchini, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Strawberries, Rasberries, and Blackberries. Not everything grew, but when I got back from Las Vegas the zucchini were SO tall (no actual zucchinis yet...but they're a comin!) and the tomato plants were HUGE with little tiny green tomatoes on them! Yay! Some of the other plants are doing really well too, but these are the ones I'm most excited about.

The Zucchini! It doesn't look as impressive in pictures, but just bear in mind when we planted everything the only thing there was dirt!

Lettuce

Tomato Plants
BABY TOMATOES!!!! SO ADORABLE!!!! These little 'uns are supposed to grow to be over a pound!

No comments:

Post a Comment