Sunday, January 3, 2010

Twenty Ten


It's 2010! Crazy, huh? I have no idea where 2009 went, but I'm excited to start this new year. I've had a lot of great things happen already.

First, I rang in the new year, as always, at Dumont with the Benites'. I love going to the sand dunes! We got there on Thursday night and just barely made it to midnight. I'm too used to going to bed early now! On Friday Sam and I took a great rail ride and spent the rest of the day relaxing and talking. It was pretty low-key, which turned out to be exactly what I needed. It was especially good to spend time with Sam, our friendship needed the trip. It was short and sweet.

Then, on Saturday, Jacob called! Yes! For an HOUR. It was by far the best New Years present ever. It was nice because we had enough time that we didn't need to rush through the conversation, even though I could have talked for the rest of the day. He is doing amazing in boot camp, so I'm pretty dang proud of him. He got to call because his division won the Captain's Cup Challenge, which is kind of like boot camp olympics. There are strength and teamwork competitions, like volleyball tournaments, relay races, and push-up contests. Go Division 802! Next up, he has battle stations. And then he can graduate! This Friday! I cannot believe it's really almost here. I am so excited.

I'm spending the beginning of the week hanging out with my family, looking at wedding places, and having a spa day with Sam. Then on Thursday I'm finally off to Chicago and then it is back to Flagstaff.

There is a lot for me to look forward to in 2010. I'm leaving Flagstaff (that's kind of bittersweet), getting married and moving to a brand new place, turning 20 (good-bye teendom!), transferring to a new school, and learning to be a wife (scary!). I can't wait to see the memories I can make. So, 2009 has been good to me and we will part on good terms, but I'm ready to bring on Twenty Ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment