Thursday, June 17, 2010

4

I totally forgot to do my 4 week post...so just pretend I put this up on Tuesday like I was supposed to! As you probably know by now, Jake and I are moving to Norfolk, Virginia where he will be stationed at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard. So, I am going to list 4 interesting facts about Norfolk!

1. Norfolk Naval Base is the WORLD'S largest base of it's kind.

2. Norfolk is about a 3 and a half hour drive to Washington DC.

3. Norfolk is super close to Virginia Beach which is a major vacation spot, and it even hosts a surfing championship!

4. Norfolk Naval Shipyard is 2,486.95 miles from my house in Las Vegas. On the way we pass through Flagstaff (go figure), Albuquerque, Amarillo, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville (SO excited for that), and Knoxville.

No comments:

Post a Comment