Saturday, December 19, 2009

Merry Christmas, Jacob.

Today, I sent off Jacob's "christmas present". Since he can't get packages in boot camp, I just sent him a picture of his present.

I also made him a blanket with US Navy material that's pretty cool. And I found an awesome tie that I got just because. I "wrapped" the picture in an envelope with wrapping paper on the outside and tied a little bow around it and put it in with his letter that I sent. Hopefully he won't open it until Christmas like I told him to!

In other news, I'm dealing with a small cold and readjusting to life back in Las Vegas! It's definitely warmer than I'm used to. I'm continuing to count down the days until Jake's graduation and spending some much needed time with my family. I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday...I can't believe it's less than a week away! Where has this year gone?

And...Jacob got to call again today! I love when he gets to call! We caught up as quickly as possible, he only got 20 minutes today. Hopefully if his division does well this week he will be able to call again next Saturday! He's doing GREAT in boot camp, he's gotten A's on all of his tests and stuff so far. And he's a section leader, which means he's kind of in charge of some things...I'm not sure what though! Anyway, I'm so proud of him, and so excited we got to talk today!

Oh, and in case you didn't notice from the picture above, my hair is now much darker. =/ I'm still getting used to it, but it just made more sense for the winter to keep it closer to my natural color. Don't worry, blonde hair fans, it will be back in time for the wedding!


No comments:

Post a Comment