Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Saturday's Phone Call

I haven't had a chance to blog about this yet, but on Saturday Jacob got to call again! I was sitting on the stairs in my apartment talking to Amanda about how much I wanted to talk to Jacob because I was lonely, and no more than ten minutes went by before my phone rang with that 847 area code! I was so excited! And, we got to talk for 45 minutes this time! We talked about boot camp a little, he's liking it more now and he's a section leader! Yay Jacob! (I admit, I'm very proud) We also talked a LOT about our wedding and tried to figure out some more details. Things with the wedding are complicated as usual, but we're working it out as best we can. The best part is, graduation is only 23 days away...I can't wait!

In other news, I am now back in Las Vegas for winter break. It's warm here so that's nice. Today I went walking and shopping with my mom and I got new glasses (and a new prescription...yes I continue to go blind). I also picked out some Christmas presents that I love. The best thing I bought today, though, was a brand new camera!! For those of you who do not know, my beautiful little pink camera died this past summer on one of my trips to Washington, so until now I have been using Jake's old camera from his mission. It works pretty well, and it was very sweet of him to give it to me, but the time has come for me to invest in a new one. Plus, I want to make sure I have a great camera for Jake's graduation and my trip to Chicago! I went for a sleeker look, and for the first time ever, I picked black instead of pink! I know, shocking! But, I figure that eventually Jacob and I will be sharing the camera, and even though he would probably never complain, I know he would prefer to not have a pink one. And I think the black looks pretty legit, so I'm excited about it! I also got a new case so this camera won't break on me. I can't wait to start using it!


My new camera!

Other than that, not much has been going on. My last week in Flagstaff was GREAT! Amanda and I finally found a friend! hahah, that's the joke at least. Shawn has been good to have around, he shoveled both of our cars out of the snow and we've had a lot of fun. We went ice skating and sledding and just had a grand old time.



That's pretty much what's been going on. Tonight, I'm off to Samantha's house to work out and meet her precious new puppy! I love friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment