Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A little bit of catch up and boot camp

The last two weeks or so have gone by so fast. I can't believe it's all ready November.
On Monday I got back from my last trip to Washington. =[ Jacob is on his way to Boot Camp today. I think we both did not expect it to come this fast, but it's here. 8 weeks. We can do it!

I had a really good trip back to Washington. Jacob and I went on a Duck Tour where they put you in a car that also turns into a boat. They drive you all around down town Seattle and talk about the history and stuff. It was so fun, I'm really glad we decided to go!



On Saturday night Jacob and I went out to dinner with his parents. It was a super low key Halloween, but probably the best I've had yet. After dinner, Jacob's mom and I wanted to stop at DSW to look at shoes. Of course we got complaints from the guys, but they let us go in anyway...When we left the store guess who each bought shoes. Jacob and his dad. And Jacob signed up for a DSW rewards card. We got a good laugh out of that.

Jacob's new Stacy Adams.

My favorite night in Washington was Friday. After Jacob had football practice he came home and helped me with my spanish test. Then we ordered a pizza and watched Say Yes to the Dress together. I love nights like that! It was so fun to be laid back and just spend time together. I can't wait until we get to do it all the time!

October 23-26, 2009
Jacob came to visit me in Flagstaff this weekend. Some more of my friends came up too because it was Homecoming and it was so much fun having everyone back here. I loved it! On Friday Jacob got here and we went and took engagement pictures with Shawn Walsh. He did a great job!

Here's a sneak peak at the pictures...you'll have to wait for the announcements to see the rest!

Taking pictures was really fun. Shawn picked out some amazing locations, I would highly recommend his services =] Then we went to lunch with Sarah at Fratelli's which was sooo good. After lunch Jacob and I came home and took a nap and watched Navy videos. That night we went out with Jake's old roommate and his girlfriend which was fun. I'm pretty sure it was my first real double date! On Saturday we all went to the store and made breakfast together. We had french toast with buttermilk syrup, eggs, and sausage. So good! Then we went down town for a little bit and to the tailgate.

Tailgating

That night we went to dinner at Garcia's. Jacob and I went through at least 3 bowls of bean dip...it's just so good! Sunday we went to church and then made salsa before I had to take Jacob to the airport. I also modeled the shirt his mom got me...

Team Jacob!

I took Jacob to the airport on Sunday night and it was sad to drop him off. I started to drive home when Jacob called me and told me to turn around and come pick him up! His flight was overbooked so he gave up his seat to stay an extra night!! They gave him a travel voucher AND a free hotel room at Little America. My favorite hotel in Flagstaff! I was so excited! It totally made my weekend.

Jacob's suite.

I had to take Jacob to the airport at 4:30 in the morning! It was so early and cold! But definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment